Thursday 19 January 2012

Commercial Model making 3D Sketch Models






In the three models I choose to use different materials and techniques that would ultimately help me to develop a preferred material that would be used for my final model.
The three models took around 1 week to complete using time to further develop my concept ideas to solve problems that would be influential in the structures development and functionality. As the models were made from paper, mount board and cardboard the cost to produce was minimal and the total sum up cost was not more than 5 euros for the three models.
 The models could have been made out of wood, acrylic, and even foam board but not only the cost but also the end result would have been different. The materials chosen for the construction of the 3 models provided flexibility as well as medium to freely express what I had in mind. Some difficulties I found, was how to give strength to a paper which was folded and bended in irregular angles and after some research was undertaken I chose to cover the model in tissue paper which was soaked in PVA glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment